- CCMFOA ListServ Instructions and Policy – Send questions to Kansas clerks in a quick email message and just wait for the responses to pour in
- WINGS newsletter, Scholarships, Document Library – look for links in the top tabs
- Kansas Municipal Services Section – Division of Accounts and Reports (information on Annual Report requirements, ie Budget Submission, mileage rates, etc. available online) (http://www.admin.ks.gov/offices/chief-financial-officer/municipal-services)
- LKM Budgeting Tips – Information such as the FY 2016 Special Street/Highway Fund information for Cities/Counties or the Local Alcohol Tax Distribution FY2016 for Cities/Counties can be accessed from the LKM’s resources page. (http://www.lkm.org/resources/budgettips/)
Tax Exempt and Sales Tax Info
- Kansas Department of Revenue – Electronic Services (http://www.ksrevenue.org/eservices.html)
- Tax Exemption Certificates
- Project Exemption Certificates
- Sales and Use Tax information
- County Election Office Calendar – (Obtain County Election Calendar – this calendar will provides you with deadlines for filing of questions, candidates, etc.). Contact your county clerk for the most up-to-date information.
State Retirement – KPERS/KP&F
- KPERS (Kansas Public Employees Retirement System/KPF (Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System) (http://kpers.org)
Misc. State Websites
- Kansas.Gov – website full of useful information
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment (kdheks.gov)
- Kansas Municipal Courts/Court Management (ksmunicipalcourts.com)
- Kansas Government Finance Officers Association (http://www.ksgfoa.com)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) (http://www.gfoa.org/)
- Kansas Legislature (http://www.kslegislature.org/)
- US Department of Labor (http://www.dol.ks.gov/)
- Social Security Agency W-2 Newsletter (ssa.gov/employer/w2news/)
- IRS – Fringe Benefits irs.gov/
- FSLG Newsletter-Federal State and Local Government IRS Information (http://www.irs.gov/Government-Entities/Federal,-State-%26-Local-Governments/Current-Edition-of-the-FSLG-Newsletter)
- Public Employer’s Tax Guide (http://www.irs.gov/publications/p15/index.html)
- Publication 963, Federal-State Reference Guide
- Publication 15-A, Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide
- Publication 15-B, Employer’s Guide to Fringe Benefits
- FSLG Taxable Fringe Benefits Guide
- Quick Reference Guide for Public Employers A brief guide to information reporting and employment tax rules, including social security coverage and fringe benefits, for government employers. (Pub. 5138)
- IRS Forms
- Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement ( with instructions). This form must be issued to recipients of wages and filed with the SSA.
- Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form must be furnished to each employee upon hiring to determine correct withholding. Employee may submit new certificate at any time.
- Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification ( with instructions). This form must be furnished to each person who receives a payment from a government entity in order to verify the recipient’s taxpayer identification number. Examples of such payments are interest payments made by a government entity and payments made to persons who are not employees of the government entity.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Required for all new hires. This form can be obtained from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- State Tax Form
- Kansas Form K-4 (http://www.ksrevenue.org/k4info.html) Information on K-4 Form) This form should be completed as soon as an employee is hired or taxable payments begin. The amount of tax withheld should be reviewed each year and new forms should be filed whenever there is a change in either the marital status or number of exemptions of the individual.